Global Encounters Specialist
JDC, the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization, is seeking to hire a creative and dynamic individual with superior organizational skills to be a Global Encounters Specialist. The candidate must have an authentic passion for JDC's mission, demonstrated success in coordinating and managing projects, events or experiences and be an articulate communicator skilled at working as part of a team.
The Global Encounters (GE) team develops and coordinates hundreds of visits for thousands of unique visitors each year to JDC programs in Israel, the Former Soviet Union, Europe, Latin America and remote locations throughout the world. GE is an integral component of JDC's Resource Development (RD) department and serves as one of the strongest tools in JDC's efforts to cultivate and engage new and existing donors
The GE Specialist is responsible for developing and coordinating meaningful and educational experiences across the JDC world, reflecting JDC's mission and priority funding needs.
- Work in partnership with JDC's global field staff and fundraising team to develop itineraries and choreograph meaningful mission experiences for donors and other stakeholders.
- Develop new creative methods for bringing the JDC field experience to various donor audiences
- Arrange all aspects of visits where applicable including, but not limited to, accommodations, transportation, tourist activities, meals, etc.
- Ensure compliance with JDC protocols and policies as related missions including legal contracts, security, expenses/billing, insurance etc.
- Develop mission related educational materials including background reading, program information, etc.
- Travel to various JDC locations for mission planning and staffing
- Conduct trainings for various JDC staff and program participants on mission staffing, messaging, etc.
Who is a Global Encounters Specialist:
- Outstanding organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated presentation skills in English and ability to lead groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently work in a continuously changing environment
- An empathetic professional with a strong customer service approach
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work well and calmly under pressure
- A self-starter who also works well in a team
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating creative and immersive experiences or events
- BA required
- Israeli driver's license
- Ability to periodically travel abroad
- Hebrew and English at mother tongue level
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel extensively within Israel
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Israel's social services and education system a plus
- Knowledge of donor relations and Jewish philanthropic arena a plus
DEPARTMENT: Global Resource Development
STATUS: Full time
Please send resume to the following link by April 9th.
Only relevant applicants will be contacted.