Donor Relations Officer
JDC, the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization, is seeking to hire a creative and dynamic individual with superior organizational skills to fill a temporary maternity leave position as a Donor Relations Officer. The candidate must have an authentic passion for JDC's mission, experience in coordinating and managing projects, and be an articulate communicator skilled at working as part of a team.
The Donor Relations team serves as critical component of JDC's global Resource Development (RD) department and provides support to front line fundraisers throughout the world along with engaging in active stewardship of relationships with individual donors, foundations and Jewish Federations.
- Proactive management of donor relationships and partnerships to further JDC's resource development goals
- Preparation of specialized written materials including writing and editing grant applications and customized proposals, reports and other materials
- Tracking and managing information related to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in donor database
- Accompaniment of funders to visit JDC projects, including public speaking and group facilitation
- Develop expertise in JDC's global programming to serve as a key conduit of program information to front line fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned
Who is a Donor Relations Officer:
- Dynamic, curious and creative professional with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Exceptional organizational skills and a self-starter who is passionate about delivering at a high standard
- A strong communicator to colleagues, to groups and in written materials
- Team player who is committed to strengthening JDC
- Responsive and detail oriented
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit work
- English mother tongue; Hebrew moderate to high
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, PPT, Outlook
- Israeli driver's license
- Knowledge of the American Jewish philanthropic environment- an advantage
DEPARTMENT: Global Resource Development
STATUS: Full time - Temporary Maternity Leave Coverage
Please send resume to the following link by May 5th 2019.
Only relevant applicants will be contacted.