Human Resources Specialist
JDC is the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. We rescue Jews in danger, provide aid to vulnerable Jews, develop innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivate a Jewish future, and lead the Jewish community’s response to crisis. For over 100 years, our work has put the timeless Jewish value of mutual responsibility into action, making JDC essential to the survival of millions of people and the development of Jewish life worldwide. JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.
We're looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join our Jerusalem team, who will provide HR support to employees located across the globe. The HR Specialist will work primarily with two global teams: Europe, Africa & Asia, and the Resource Development team, and will support employees at all stages of their career in JDC.
- Oversee all stages of recruitment for positions located in Israel and around the world.
- With hiring managers, prepare the onboarding experience for each new hire.
- Determine the Learning & Development needs for employees, administer training programs, maintain records of employee participation
- Answer employees' questions about human resources policies and procedures, and assist employees as appropriate
- Maintain employee records
- Additional projects and assignments as needed
- Have a first degree, ideally in business administration or HR, or equivalent experience
- Have working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training and development)
- Have solid communication skills in English and Hebrew. Additional languages are a plus
- Have good computer skills; knowledge of SuccessFactors and Comeet is a plus
- Have excellent organizational skills and are able to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment is a plus
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
- Must have a compassionate nature and enjoy working with people
Status: Full time
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Start date: July 2019
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – You will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from all corners of the globe
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of "repairing the world" is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world's leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please send resume to the following link by June 2nd, 2019.
Only relevant applicants will be contacted.