Human Resources Specialist - Replacement for maternity leave
The Joint (JDC)is looking for a Human Resources Specialist (HRS) to join our Jerusalem team, who will provide HR support to managers and employees located across the globe. The HRS will work primarily with two global teams: Europe, Africa & Asia (EAA), and Resource Development (RD) team.
- Oversee all stages of recruitment for positions located in Israel, Europe, Africa & Asia (sourcing, writing job descriptions, screening, interviewing, and supporting hiring managers in the process)
- Prepare the onboarding experience for new employees with hiring managers.
- Design and apply annual Learning & Development programs for EAA and RD employees, together with the global Director of Learning and Development and the business units' HR directors
- As part of the L&D team, participate in designing and building global L&D processes and projects
- Addressing employees' questions about human resources policies and procedures
- Additional projects and assignments as needed
- First degree, ideally in business administration or HR, or equivalent experience of minimum 3 years
- Have working knowledge of HR functions and procedures, primarily in recruitment, and L&D
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment is a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English and Hebrew
- Good computer skills; knowledge of Success Factors and Comeet is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Must have a compassionate nature and enjoy working with people
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
- A Global Environment – You will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from all corners of the globe
- Professional learning and development opportunities - The Joint values and is committed to our employees' ongoing learning and development
Status: Full-time, replacement for extended maternity leave
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Start date: May 1, 2020
The Joint (JDC)is the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. We rescue Jews in danger, provide aid to vulnerable Jews, develop innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivate a Jewish future, and lead the Jewish community’s response to crises. For over 100 years, our work has put the timeless Jewish value of mutual responsibility into action, making The Joint essential to the survival of millions of people and the advancement of Jewish life across the globe. For more information about our organization, please visit www.jdc.org
To apply, please send your resume in English to this link, by March 1, 2020.