OPERATIONS MANAGER – Entwine Israel
JDC Entwine has an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment. As an Operations Manager, you will become deeply familiar with specific JDC region(s) and their Programs, and serve as the interface between these regions or Programs and Entwine. You will implement and evaluate these Programs while developing relationships with key JDC global staff.
Flexibility to travel internationally 5-7 times per year required (travel is typically 4-8 days/trip). A background in Jewish informal educationan and Experience working with the North American Jewish young adult community is required.
What will you do as an Operations Manager?
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships and mutual understandings between Entwine and JDC’s regional and local staff in order to strengthen Entwine’s collaborative capacity throughout the organization and in the field.
- Produce annual Regional Strategies to help implement Entwine’s annual priorities.
- Develop 7-10 day Insider Trips together with JDC global staff to include meaningful service and travel opportunities, engagement with local peers, and educational content, utilizing Entwine’s unique service curriculum and approach to Jewish young adult identity. Staff select number of Insider Trips and implement educational content.
- Develop year-long Global Jewish Service Corps placements together with JDC global staff to include meaningful service work, peer-led learning experiences, and leadership training. Provide supervision and oversight of JSC Fellows utilizing Entwine’s coaching methods while maintaining on-going check-ins with placement supervisors throughout. Staff in-person group interview days, orientations and seminars.
- Identify opportunities and locations for Entwine programming and conduct site development visits to create and implement innovative models and programs.
- Serve as a critical member of Project Teams, playing a key role liaising with Entwine Program Design and Engagement staff.
- Manage budgetary, security, and legal components of Entwine's experiences in their region(s).
- Provide content from regional focus or Programs to be used in Entwine community events and trainings.
Who is an Operations Manager?
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a flexible work environment with flexible hours (working with New York, California, India etc.)
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and supervisor remotely
- Enjoys working collaboratively
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communicator
What qualifications do you need to be an Operations Manager?
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Fluent oral and written English required. Hebrew speaker is a plus.
- Background in working closely with teams and program planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to mentor year-long fellows in the field
- Strong computer skills including expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong prioritization skills, able to quickly adapt to shifting priorities on multiple projects
- Background in project management preferred
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
Status: Full time position Israel
Location: JDC Jerusalem offices
Secretariat: American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
Reports to: Director of Global Operations JDC Entwine
To apply, please send your resume in English to: JDC.firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2020.
Entwine is building a generation of young Jews who lead and live a life of action with global Jewish responsibility at its core. We offer transformative global service and travel experiences, innovative educational programs, and tailored leadership development opportunities through which young people can explore, find meaning, and take action. Entwine is an initiative of JDC, the largest Jewish humanitarian organization in the world.
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.